Organiser – British Fashion Council (BFC)
The BFC showcases the best of British fashion design to an international audience including press and buyers. London Fashion Week (LFW), its biannual showcase of womenswear occurs every February and September.
In 2015 the BFC announced their intention to move the 62nd London Fashion Week to Brewer Street NCP car park – a stunning Art Deco building in the heart of Soho.
Spanning two floors of the Brewer Street Car Park, the new central LFW venue was to play host to some of the world’s most exciting designer catwalk shows and the Designer Showrooms. In addition, the venue would also be used for LFW guest registration, a photographers’ area and press, buyer and sponsor spaces.
The challenge for EAS was to deliver a consistent and high standard of registration service regardless of the new location that is not purpose built for events.
EAS’s technology is totally flexible: it’s compact yet reliable, and can be run on line and off line if required. Detailed forward planning was the key factor in delivering a seamless service for LFW: nothing could be taken for granted.
Several site visits gave us plenty of insight into the challenges that lay ahead:
- 24/7 wifi connection was essential
- Managing traffic flow, access control and avoiding queues for authorised guests was essential given the location of the venue (on a busy road in the heart of London)
- Working with several entrance points and ensuring adequate power supplies to avoid potential bottlenecks
- Appointing the best possible suppliers and working in very close communication with them in the run up to and during LFC
- Having regular, in-depth meetings with the BFC to ensure that every possible eventuality had an agreed contingency plan
The 62nd London Fashion Week was delivered to critical acclaim and the 63rd LFW returned to Brewer Street car park in February 2016.
Each season thousands of fashion buyers, photographers, broadcast crew, bloggers and journalists visit LFW and every single one goes through EAS’s Accredit System.
The February 2015 London Fashion Week is the 20th LFW that has been run through the EAS systems.