In 2019, both the TCS New York Marathon and Virgin Money London Marathon used the Accredit Platform to deliver spectacularly successful events.
With the New York Marathon and London Marathon attracting over 53,000 and 42,000 participants respectively in 2019, organisers have to overcome a huge logistical challenge to ensure a smooth and safe race day. And that doesn’t stop with the runners – the movement of almost 30,000 workers, volunteers and members of the media need to be managed.
Security is paramount and a very real concern in a major city. Organisers needed a way to identify and approve each individual working at the event. And operational efficiency was key to get the media and workforce accredited on race day and to where they needed to be on time.
- Knew exactly who was working at their event
- Could effectively manage restricted access at the start and finish-lines
- Had a highly efficient way to collect and manage accreditation data
- Could automate and simplify labour intensive tasks
- Could easily review and authorise documents, photos and applications
- Were able to send communications with the click of a button
- Drastically reduced the amount of time it took to process and print accreditation badges