The Accreditation Audit
The Accreditation Audit is an objective evaluation of a company’s accreditation process and is designed to help an organisation understand the impact of their current practices on security, safety and operational efficiency. The outcome is a written report by one of our accreditation specialists and will highlight any areas for improvement to ensure that future procedures are following best-practice guidelines.
Areas to be evaluated include:
- The big picture - Who is being accredited and why? How are access zones defined and how does access control work?
- The accreditation team - who is involved in the accreditation process and who owns the procedure?
- The accreditation process – How are data and files collected and managed? How are software systems set up? How are requests approved? How are communications made?
- Staff screening – what do you currently know about staff and workers entering your event? How are contractors being managed?
- Badge production – What is the badge design? How are badges printed and distributed?
- What happens to accreditation when venue use changes, new tenants host events, or multi-venue competitions take place
What is the benefit of an audit?
When accreditation is done badly, the consequences can be grave. Accreditation managers are tearing their hair out grappling with yet another spreadsheet of staff from the catering contractor. Background checks aren’t made on workers. Temporary staff roam freely because access zones aren’t used. And badges are easily forged. Security is compromised, operations is inefficient, legal requirements are ignored, and the accreditation team is stressed.
But a robust end-to-end accreditation procedure will stop all of that.
For further information on an accreditation audit for your venue or event, please send us a quick enquiry here.
Accredit Solutions employs some of the world’s leading experts in accreditation and credentialing with decades of global experience on the world’s biggest and most complex events. Headquartered in London, with additional offices in Dubai, Melbourne and North Carolina, Accredit Solutions service clients around the world and have current projects running from New York to New Zealand.
The recent appointment of Edwin Saayeng in London as Head of Major Projects, follows the appointment ofanother accreditation and project management master by Accredit Solutions - Callum Green in Dubai. Between them, they have managed accreditation teams, defined accreditation procedures and installed accreditation systems for some of the world’s largest and most challenging events, including the Cricket World Cup, Rugby World Cup, Commonwealth Games, Olympic and Paralympic Games and UEFA Champions League. Together, they bring a broad and deep understanding of the accreditation procedure from the point of view of the client.
What the team now brings is a level of experience and knowledge that can make a real difference to our clients. It means we can evaluate, collaborate, share knowledge and innovate at the highest level. We understand the pain points, and know how to take them away.
Accreditation is all we do, and we love it.